What are the consequences of too much protein?

Location (City and/or State)
Mexico City
I have read that if a tortoise is given too much protein it will cause rapid growth/weight gain and will make them unable to walk properly in the future if they don’t exercise enough, but what if they have an excessive amount of protein but also get enough exercise? Is it fine? Will it cause organ malfunctions?
My RF King is currently 5 months, 3 inches, and weighing 100 grams, I only give him Mazuri every Friday (only Mazuri no greens nor fruits) and since then I have notice that his feet were getting a bit fatter (they used to be somewhat flat but now they’re big and round) and I’m not sure weather it’s normal growth or if it’s excessive protein.
I take him down to the garden everyday and he walks around for a good hour so he exercises.
This is the second week I am giving him Mazuri.

jeneliza

burton michigan
Well in redfoots/yellow it could lead to kindey failure, and death, if to much is given, a little bit to much, is okay but if it's more than once or twice a week, it could lead to death,

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I have read that if a tortoise is given too much protein it will cause rapid growth/weight gain and will make them unable to walk properly in the future if they don’t exercise enough, but what if they have an excessive amount of protein but also get enough exercise? Is it fine? Will it cause organ malfunctions?
My RF King is currently 5 months, 3 inches, and weighing 100 grams, I only give him Mazuri every Friday (only Mazuri no greens nor fruits) and since then I have notice that his feet were getting a bit fatter (they used to be somewhat flat but now they’re big and round) and I’m not sure weather it’s normal growth or if it’s excessive protein.
I take him down to the garden everyday and he walks around for a good hour so he exercises.
This is the second week I am giving him Mazuri.
Redfoots are literally vacuum cleaners of the forest. In the wild they eat carrion. A good bit of protein won't hurt them. I do protein like fish, chicken, or shrimp about once a week. Mazuri is fine to just don't do it in excess. A couple times a week along with a good varied diet and you'll be fine.

jeneliza

burton michigan
Also, the amount your giving , should be fine, I don't think it's causing issues with his feet, my has a little bit of a rounded feet , I believe it's normal,