What are the names of these "succulent" succulents?

SunnySideUp

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
I saw some plants at Meijer's today and I knew I absolutely had to leave with some to add to my windowsill collection. Hopefully in the roughly 3 months until I get my tortoise (assuming that warmer weather comes in a predictable manner) they will be all clean of pesticides and ready to be eaten.

I'm trying to get better at identification, but I wanted your opinions as well. I have no idea why so many places don't label their plants! I have yet to come across even one properly identified potted plant.

Anyway, the first plant I got was this succulent, which I believe to be a Echeveria (Hens and Chicks)

100_0293.JPG

The next one I hope is some type of aloe, although it looks a bit pricklier than some aloe veras I've seen on here...Maybe an Agave?

100_0294.JPG

Please let me know what you guys think! Hopefully I'm not way off base.

Last edited by a moderator:

SunnySideUp

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
I agree, haha :D Thanks for your comment, though! I'm mainly confused about the second one.

redbeef

5 Year Member
first one does look like a type of echevaria, or perhaps a sedum, second one looks more like an aloe than an agave though: agave are new world succulents, aloe are old world: africa, middle east etc.