What are you reading??

Prairie Mom

Which is the decision I made early this morning. I ditched, "The Government" and I have since moved on to a collection of sci-fi shortish books. The first story is a good one. I'm liking it, ideally it is a view of things to come in the following stories. The title of this collection is, "Space Science Fiction Super Pack"
618 pages. I wish I could at a glance tell you how many stories it contains, but it's an ereader book and it's hard to count like that on a screen.
I have a kindle fire tablet as well as an iPad2 that I use for reading, as well as a huge real library containing Louis L'Amour westerns. For my eBooks and other devices, I use a daily email service called BookBub. This is a free to use service that emails you daily lists of books you can download to either type of reader. The service is free to use and what's better are the prices of the books, normally FREE upto $2.99 !
I usually will only spend upto .99¢ on a book and many I get are free.
You sign up, enter the subjects you're interested in, and daily you get the offers. I've used it 2-3 years now, and I'm still liking it. And yes, you are providing them with your email address, but I've never had them send me emails that I wasn't expecting. @Yvonne G uses it as well, and I don't believe she has any issues either. Heck, you could choose children's books even just for your kids. Have fun and keep on reading!
Here is the World Wide Internet Machine address for the site …

http://landers.bookbub.com/covers/?...txxnIPpeSCF0rDNETRrcWV8EugUj8zLErcaApbi8P8HAQ

Let me know if you use and like it.
I need a swift kick! I keep forgetting to look into this!!! :D

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
Currently this is a "free" no-really FREE kindle ebook. I've downloaded it. Someone else please follow the link and see if you can get it for free as well…and good morning. We've had snow and freezing rain the last few days. I'm almost out of tobacco and beer! I quit drinking beer last night, but I don't want to stop smoking!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M73AR2B/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
I recently finished the book, "Written in Stone" Written by David Rhodes
This book combines two of my favorite subjects since I was a way little kid
1) Time-Travel & 2) Dinosaurs
A very fun read that made me anxious to get home after work just to read more of it. Then the worse of the worse happened…I finished the book! That set me off on a pilgrimage to find a similar replacement book. This nosing around has led me to this next book now in my library "The Dinosaur Four", written by Geoff Jones. I'll keep you folks up-to-date regarding the book.

And his dedication is as follows…
For Mom and Dad
Thank you for teaching me the love of
stories and for believing in me.

Last edited:

KevinGG

5 Year Member
Santa Cruz, CA
Currently reading "Native Son". Just finished up "Faith" by Sharon Salzberg. Always keep James Baldwins Collected Essays on my nightstand. I could read "The Fire Next Time" for the rest of my life.

yillt

Currently reading '1984' by George Orwell. It's a really good book but calls for some heavy reading at times. It was a complete coincidence that I read on the news this morning that it is the most bought book since Trump being elected. I had no idea!