What Calcium "Brand/Maker" does everyone use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyGreek

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles, California
OK so.......

I'm interested in finding out what "Brand" of calcium everyone uses. I use Rep-Cal with D3 and Rep-Cal Herptivite for my Tort.

How about the rest of you...............?

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Again! If you want the BEST source of Ca for your tort...feed them opuntia 2 - 3 days a week! If you have to have powder...then Zoo Med (Reptivite or Reptical) has always been the most reliable source, to me.

LadyGreek

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, California
DeanS said:
Again! If you want the BEST source of Ca for your tort...feed them opuntia 2 - 3 days a week! If you have to have powder...then Zoo Med (Reptivite or Reptical) has always been the most reliable source, to me.

I was actually thinking of switching to Reptical, but I wanted more info on it and personal opinions from others. Do you use the one with D3 or without and why? I have always used Rep-Cal for my other Reptiles (the Beardies), but I want to use something different for my Torts.

Break it down for me Dean!:D

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
LadyGreek said:
DeanS said:

I was actually thinking of switching to Reptical, but I wanted more info on it and personal opinions from others. Do you use the one with D3 or without and why? I have always used Rep-Cal for my other Reptiles (the Beardies), but I want to use something different for my Torts.

Break it down for me Dean!:D

No D3...unless your torts don't get adequate SUNLIGHT. If you use UVB, you still need D3. UVB is no substitute for real sunlight...;)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Repcal. I use it without D3 most of the year, but I'll use the D3 version if they go a couple of weeks with no sun in the winter.

I like the Repcal because it sticks to and coats the food better. I've been using it since the early 90's. I try the other brands when they give me free samples at the shows.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Powdered cuttlebone or calcium carbonate powder (usually powdered oyster shell or limestone.) I have never used D3, or commercially available supplements.

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
I actually use cuttle fish bone, My large torts have the bone in with them and they nibble at it when ever they want, The smaller torts have one in with them,not that they take much notice of it,so i grind it up on a nutmeg grater then sprinkle over food twice weekly..;)

Status
Not open for further replies.