What could I feed my sulcata tortoise?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigD9

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I'm looking for different ideas on what to feed my 1 year sulcata?! What type of greens? && do they need water all the time?
Thanks for your feedback:)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
A BIG YES they need water all the time. You also should be soaking him in warm water about three times a week for 20 minutes. As for food, Mazuri tortoise diet is good, clover, dandelion greens, hibiscus, roses, rose of sharon, hostas, alfalfa, orchard hay, optunia cactus pads. Also check out thetortoisetable.org and the tortoise library for other ideas. Also check out the thread below in my post. They are for hatchling sulcata and leopards, but will inform you on how little ones and even yours should be raise. Yours being a yearling, you can adjust it a little.

BigD9

5 Year Member
Florida
wellington said:
A BIG YES they need water all the time. You also should be soaking him in warm water about three times a week for 20 minutes. As for food, Mazuri tortoise diet is good, clover, dandelion greens, hibiscus, roses, rose of sharon, hostas, alfalfa, orchard hay, optunia cactus pads. Also check out thetortoisetable.org and the tortoise library for other ideas. Also check out the thread below in my post. They are for hatchling sulcata and leopards, but will inform you on how little ones and even yours should be raise. Yours being a yearling, you can adjust it a little.

Thanks sooo much!! && yes I soak him about 3 times a week for 20 mins just i never know really Why, What's good about soaking him?

Status
Not open for further replies.