What did you get for Christmas??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbaker

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Everyone had something for the wishlist, so did you get a tortoise or turtle you wanted?

I will start...I wanted an incubated for male Star tortoise. I did not actually receive it on Christmas, but I am making arrangements with a breeder and hopefully it will be here next week!! :D X 1000!!

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Yea! How exciting! Are you going to breed them? They are one of my favorites!!

I didn't get any new torties for Christmas! I still want a DBT, maybe over summer vacation. I still have alot to learn about the species and what kind of filter I need to get. Plus I have no idea where to get one! :)

Merry Christmas I hope you have a great day!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My friends and relatives know better than to get me a live animal of any kind.

But I'll bet I'm the only grama out there who can say she received a Craftsman hammerhead Auto-Hammer powered by Die Hard!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I don't even know what that is Yvonne, but you must be a kick *** tough lady to be running a rescue :)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Damn Yvonne! Even I don't have one of those. I remember seeing the infomercial for that a year or so ago, and thinking I wouldn't mind that...takes the worry out of splitting rails, that's for sure! Congrats! Does Maggie have a matching one?:p Merry Christmas!

M

Maggie Cummings

Nope, I don't use hand tools...my sister is the one who likes to make buildings, not me. I got several different things used to feed the wild birds in my yard. And now I'm gonna go put them out...:D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
a galap a aldab a breeding group of mata matas, spotted and DBT, but then I woke up, I love that auto hammer yvonne I definitely want one.

TLL

5 Year Member
Southern Calif.
ahhah its good to see everyone so happy.
i got a folding bike.. :)
but i still have an eye on an indian star

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Aw-w-w! PJ's with footies! That's always the coldest part of my body. I'm trying to train my cat to lay on my feet, but she won't have it. Very cute PJ's.

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
My amazing wife got me something I have wanted for a LONG time....

Paleosuchus palpebrosus, A DWARF CAIMAN!!!!!!!!!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
How dare you post such a post with NO PICTURES!!!!!

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
emysemys said:
How dare you post such a post with NO PICTURES!!!!!

well, i don't have it in my possession yet....it's getting here tomorrow night. a buddy of mine is picking it up in Houston on his way back home. i'll post pics as soon as i get him/her here....

armandoarturo

5 Year Member
Mexico
hahahaha lovely picture Rachael! :p

omg! a dwarf caiman???? Tell your santaclaus to visit me next year :p!

This year I got a brand new hovabator xD, it was a gift from me.
oh yeah... and a drawing tablet for my computer (L)

Im also considering buying another gift for myself..... 2 veiled chameleons :D .. I have always wanted one!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
ipod,, but Im not sure how to use it or what it does... everything but a phone i guess??!?

my wish... electric gate.. been waiting a few years.. maybe for my birthday.....

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
Sony DSC-H20 digital camara.Can't wait till it arrives.I have something I'm just dying to share some pictures of!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Not sure how to even write this or on some levels if I even should, but..
I got two major gifts this year and both early.

About two weeks ago, a girl at the same college where my older daughter goes came up missing and is believed dead. My heart goes out to her parents, but the selfish me is thankful for my gift of having my daughter not be the one taken. She walks the same campus alone at night and the girl had left a party that night just houses from my daughter's place. She actually walked right past it down the dark alley as she headed back to her dorm and crossed paths with her apparent rapist/killer. The body has not been found.

My second early Christmas gift was a week ago, my youngest daughter was involved in a one car crash coming home for break. She swerved to miss a dog, loss control, went into the ditch, hit a cement culvert, rolled the car and ended upside down in the pond. The car is totally totaled, but some how amazingly she walked away with just a head bump and bruises.

So this year, even tho I actually for once never got any thing turtle-ish, I got a much more precious gift, more time with my bratty, sweet kids.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Love the pj's Rachael, what a sneaky dad you have. :D I got jewelry myself and of course my favorite See's candy "Bordeaux". My husband got a very special present from my son. A Rockwell painting that he's wanted Nathan to paint for a long time. This is one of Cal's favorite works from Rockwell. My husband is a High School History and Government Teacher so this will fit nicely in his classroom. Well Nathan finally painted it and here it is. I think he did a fantastic job.

DSC02014.jpg

Jacqui I am so happy to hear that your girls are alright.

Jessicap

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Jacqui said:
Not sure how to even write this or on some levels if I even should, but..
I got two major gifts this year and both early.

About two weeks ago, a girl at the same college where my older daughter goes came up missing and is believed dead. My heart goes out to her parents, but the selfish me is thankful for my gift of having my daughter not be the one taken. She walks the same campus alone at night and the girl had left a party that night just houses from my daughter's place. She actually walked right past it down the dark alley as she headed back to her dorm and crossed paths with her apparent rapist/killer. The body has not been found.

My second early Christmas gift was a week ago, my youngest daughter was involved in a one car crash coming home for break. She swerved to miss a dog, loss control, went into the ditch, hit a cement culvert, rolled the car and ended upside down in the pond. The car is totally totaled, but some how amazingly she walked away with just a head bump and bruises.

So this year, even tho I actually for once never got any thing turtle-ish, I got a much more precious gift, more time with my bratty, sweet kids.

Can't beat those gifts! My thoughts and prayers go out the to the family of the missing daughter.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Got an unintended "CXhristmas present"...

Seems there's a new computer virus going around, and, lucky me, my computer caught it yesterday...so, I'll be using my wife's spiffy new lap-top until my new, faster/more powerful computer arrives, hopefully before the New Year...was going to donate the current one to a mission my cousin's setting up in Senegal when the new one arrives, but now I'll have to get it de-bugged 1st.

Read up on this, 'cause it's a nastier-than-usual virus! :(

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...,166142,00.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.