What do these brown patches on my yearlings plastron mean? Should i be worried?

SidGo

Location (City and/or State)
Philippines
I notice that on one side of my redfoot’s plastron in the upper left there seems to be brown patches while i dont see any on the right side. Is this a kind of disease and should i be worried?
He’s active and has a good appetite
IMG_0318.jpgIMG_0319.jpgIMG_0320.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't see anything too worry about. RF can get shell rot easily. They need high humidity but a dry top layer of substrate. I would keep an eye on what your seeing to be sure it doesn't turn into rot. If it does get worse looking you can put some athletes foot cream on it until it's gone.

SidGo

Philippines
I don't see anything too worry about. RF can get shell rot easily. They need high humidity but a dry top layer of substrate. I would keep an eye on what your seeing to be sure it doesn't turn into rot. If it does get worse looking you can put some athletes foot cream on it until it's gone.

Alright thanks. I’ll keep that in mind but it just bothered me why there are those brown pigments along the upper left of the plastron but none on the right

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I see brown staining everywhere.
But no shell issues. Maybe a scrape that was porous enough to absorb some brown.
What type of substrate are you using?
Is it brown stained mulch?

SidGo

Philippines
IMG_0323.jpgIMG_0322.jpg

I uploaded another set of pictures to help show you what i mean. The brown spot is only on the left while the right side doesnt have it

The substrate i use is coco peat plus a little cypress mulch

SidGo

Philippines
Dont know if anyone can still see this post but its been a couple of months now and now one of my tortoises scutes where the brown patches were has fallen off and now. Im guessing its shellrot but i’d like to hear what anyone else thinks.