What do you feed your egyptians?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teq1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
I recently ordered a seed mix for my egyptians, which I still haven't received by the way (ordered in mid august). I was wondering what you guys feed your egyptians. I'm curious to see what others feed them. I feed mine a variety of greens, cactus, etc. My two oldest ones LOVE cactus...the one month old prefers greens. I was thinking about getting mazuri for them, but I'm still not too sure on that.
Are there any mixes you guys buy for them? Which do you recommend?
I want to try and get as many plants for them to eat.

CyberianHusky

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Portland Oregon
When Munchies get fed I keep a 1 cup mini mixer handy and toss in Dandelion leaves with the center vein removed diced alone or with some occasional parsley, cilantro, sea lavender, queen ann lace leaves, milk vetch, wheat grass, nasturtium blossom, rose petals, common plantain, mallow, shepherds purse, carrot leaves and radish leaves. During the dicing his calcium powder get sprinkled in there. Dandelions are the staple item. Hiding a little branches of Sedum here and there in his table gets the foraging going and he sure seems to like sedum a lot. When researching Egyptians before the big purchase I wanted to find as much of his natural food items as possible and found a lot of them are chinese herbs and or survival plants equivalents. So having a well honed geeky green thumb and living in a Zone 8 there is so much that grows wild on my dog walks that I don't fear running out of things to feed him. Got little planters indoors and out growing his favorites. Plus I am an adventurous vegetarian and having a vegetarian pet is awesome. But the one thing Munchies will not eat is his Mazuri.

Status
Not open for further replies.