What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOK DADDY

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I found a female russian for a good price from a guy locally. The story is this poor little girl was found in a neighbors driveway 4 months ago and then donated to this guy who has a bunch of reptiles. Its my understanding she's not in the greatest enclosure (old shoe or shirt box) with very little natural light. Can you take a look at the pictures and tell me what you think? Is she in good shape? How old? Any other concerns? I have some concerns with the bottom of her shell - center line doesn't go straight down - does that mean she suffered an injury? Hopefully you guys can tell me what you think - thanks for any and all feedback! - TT

Attachments

• New Tortoise 3.jpg
    New Tortoise 3.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 76
  • New Tortoise pic.jpg
    New Tortoise pic.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 69
  • New tortoise 2.jpg
    New tortoise 2.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 68
  • New Tortoise 1.jpg
    New Tortoise 1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 76

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
To be honest with you she looks pretty darn good to me. I would not worry about the line I only saw a little like squiggle down the center of the shell, It looks like it may just be natural to me. All in all a nice looking russian.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
She looks much better than mine when I rescued her. She was being kept by a kid who was feeding her box turtle pellets and no sunshine and was living on sand in a big box in their kitchen. I was just going to take a look at her but when I did I couldn't leave her there. She was my first tortoise. Talk about a learning experience.

Here is my Maggie McGee. Don't really know if this will work or not.
http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae333/jensgotfaith/8ab08d27.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
She looks great, albeit quite dirty! Eyes are bright, and shell looks pretty darned good. She will make a nice addition to your family.

TOK DADDY

5 Year Member
Arizona
Thanks guys - went with your advice and brought her home yesterday. To my surprise she's a lot larger and a lot better looking than her picture seemed to suggest. She's also definitely breeding size!!! Anyhow she looks great - great appetite and very strong! She loves her new enclosure and met the 3 other members of her family today!

TOK DADDY

5 Year Member
Arizona
TOK DADDY said:
Thanks guys - went with your advice and brought her home yesterday. To my surprise she's a lot larger and a lot better looking than her picture seemed to suggest. She's also definitely breeding size!!! Anyhow she looks great - great appetite and very strong! She loves her new enclosure and met the 3 other members of her family today!

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Congrats! No quarantine? I'd get her a fecal test for parasites, as I would for any tort.

Status
Not open for further replies.