What do you keep your bedding temp at, at night?

Travis

Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin, USA
:tort: Just curious as to what everyone keeps their temps at, at night time. Currently, with my temp gun, it reads about 85 degrees. With out the heatpad, it reads 68 degrees.

I have not got my tortoise yet and am fairly new. Is this a good temp or is it too high?

I know I need to turn off the heat lamp at night and have there be some time inbetween so the tortoise doesnt overheat

PS: I have a red foot

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
All of my Leopards sleep inside. Their chambers are running on thermostats to keep temps above 80F at all times, even night.

The CDT sleeps in a tort house outdoors with no heat.

If you will have a Redfoot in a humid environment, it should be set up on a thermostat to keep temps above 80F, just like my Leopards.

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
You really will want to get a thermostat. Cold and wet equals sick. You can get them at home stores like lowes or from a petsmart.

Travis

Wisconsin, USA
Currently, the room I have it set up in right now, the temps are no lower then 75. His tank is in a small room that gets hot quite quickly, especially when I have my PC and the heat lamp on in the tank. So I think it will still be warm enough at night for him too.