what does it mean when my Sulcata shell is WHITE?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigD9

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Ive notice my Sulcata shell is kinda white..
Ill show u 2 pics of when i first got him && now.
The 1st pic is when i first kinda got him && his shell was all good but now it looks kinda white? Do u think?!
IMG_20120318_190748.jpg
IMG_0815.JPG

BigD9 said:
Ive notice my Sulcata shell is kinda white..
Ill show u 2 pics of when i first got him && now.
The 1st pic is when i first kinda got him && his shell was all good but now it looks kinda white? Do u think?!

Opp sorry guys the other way around lol
the first pic is now && the 2 pic is when i got him

Last edited by a moderator:

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
He's too dry. I would get him off the hay and get him on coco coir, orchid bark, sphagnum peat moss, organic soil, or cypress mulch. All of those hold humidity really well.

MnM10

5 Year Member
I agree change the substrate to one of the mentioned above. Are you soaking him/her?

BigD9

5 Year Member
Florida
Alright well my dad is shipping todd friday to me.
I already have his new cage set up and i brought coco bedding, (I have pics of his new cage on here if u wanna see)
i just gotta spray it down with water when todd gets here.
&& yes i do soak him alot with warm water but top of his shell doesnt get in the water because i dont wanna ground him.

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
You don't have to drown him to get his shell wet. I would pour warm water over his shell with a cup during his soaks and I would spray him during the day with a spray bottle. I believe the white lines are where new growth is coming in, mine get the same things and I just keep spraying them with warm water in a spray bottle and the white lines go away until their shell gets dry and I repeat the process, several times throughout the day. Good Luck with your Todd. Rose

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You need to read the threads at the bottom of my post. Follow them and you shouldn't have any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.