What does your 2-3yo leopard weigh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paschallraschalls

5 Year Member
I know growth rates vary a lot, but I was curious what YOUR leos weighed at age 2-3.
Also, any idea (approximately) when they reach full size?
Thanks so much!

pandacakes

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
My little guy is in that age range and doesn't weigh very much. He never has been a fast grower despite giving him good nutrition and proper living conditions. He thrives, just isn't a quick growing tortoise... he's still smaller than palm size. He was one of the smaller tortoises in his clutch though so I bet that plays into it a bit.

paschallraschalls

5 Year Member
Thanks :) I haven't met his parents or other leos from his clutch. I have only had him a few months. He eats like a horse and is very active and acts healthy, I just wanted to get an idea if he was on the "right track" growth-wise. Thanks for the help

pandacakes

5 Year Member
Oregon
No problem :) I wish I could be of more help but I haven't weighed him in a while and am not sure how much he weighs currently (no teeny scale at the moment). Yours sounds a lot like mine... very active, eats like a horse, proper supplements/environment and healthy but mine is for sure not nearly as big as most of the 2-3 year olds that I have seen here. Congrats on your new leopard! They are so much fun :)

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I don't have any in that age range...but as you said, growth rates will vary a lot.

You can expect your leopard to reach full size at about 10 years, give or take a couple few years.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I don't have one that old but I have 13 month old, I weighed her on a postal scale, she weighs 11.5 oz which I believe is about 325 grams, 4 inches in length. Len

3222uber

5 Year Member
I have a 2 year old and just weighed in at 600 grams. Looks to be gaining 100 grams every 1 and 1/2 months.

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
Just measured my 4 year old, 8 inches SCL and 1634 grams! He's grown two inches and doubled his weight in the last year!

benA

5 Year Member
paschallraschalls said:
I know growth rates vary a lot, but I was curious what YOUR leos weighed at age 2-3.
Also, any idea (approximately) when they reach full size?
Thanks so much!

I have two Leopards, one 5years and one 8 years. I weighed mine every week since they were hatchlings.

the 5 year old was:
1lb 2oz - 2 years
3lb 6oz - 3 years
7lb 8oz - 4 years
11lb 6oz - 5 years

the 8 year old was:
1lb 9oz - 2 years
5lb 6oz - 3 years
11lb 2oz - 4 years
19lb 8oz - 5 years

I would love to hear from others as well. It would be great to share the data.

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
Wow Ben, your leopards are growing fast! 19 pounds at 5 years!? Are they pardalis pardalis?

dav3

5 Year Member
Scotland
ok both my leos are 2.5 years old
male weights 700g, 5.6inch length
female 650, 5.5 inch length

benA

5 Year Member
IMG_2085.jpgIMG_8189.jpgIMG_8342.jpg
jeffbens0n said:
Wow Ben, your leopards are growing fast! 19 pounds at 5 years!? Are they pardalis pardalis?

Yes, both Pardalis Pardalis. I've had my first hatchlings ever this year - 9 so far, all healthy - very exciting. I am in Minnesota, so mostly indoors.

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
benA said:
jeffbens0n said:

Yes, both Pardalis Pardalis. I've had my first hatchlings ever this year - 9 so far, all healthy - very exciting. I am in Minnesota, so mostly indoors.

Ahh I see, your Ben from Minnesota! I've seen your ads on kingsnake and your facebook page. Welcome to the forum! Your leopards look great!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi benA:

Won't you please take a few moments to start a new thread in the "introductions" section and tell us a bit about yourself?

paschallraschalls

5 Year Member
Would you be worried, if a tortoise that you got recently and is supposed to be 2 1/2yo, only weighed 180g? I am :(

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Not necessisarily, it's just up to you now. I suggest feeding him Mazuri everyday. At least that's what I would do. Good Luck.
paschallraschalls said:
Would you be worried, if a tortoise that you got recently and is supposed to be 2 1/2yo, only weighed 180g? I am :(

paschallraschalls

5 Year Member
Thanks again yagyajubei! I appreciate the encouragement!!

Anyone else have any more input/advice in regards to my Sunny, who is 2 1/2yo and only 180g? Would you be worried? How would you handle it? Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.