What else can I add to their diet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica29

5 Year Member
I currently have two young sulcatas. Right now I am feeding them spring mix, bok choi(sp?), collard greens, and kale. I also give them zoomed grassland tortoise food and immuno boost supplement every few days. I have a seed mix of different grasses growing at the moment that I bought from sulcatafood.com. I feel like they need more variety though. I'm having a hard time finding anywhere in the US that sells seeds to grow other weeds such as clover, dandelion, thistle, chickweed, etc. anyone know of any good sources? I have some cactus pads on the way also that I hope they eat. There's just so much varying info on what's ok and what's not that I'm not sure if I'm raising them right or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jessica29

5 Year Member
That organic herbal salad mix looks good. I'm just worried about them not eating the dry hay and grasses. I tried giving them some dry chopped Timothy hay with dried hibiscus petals and they wanted nothing to do with it. I tried mixing it with their other greens even an they found a way to eat around it.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
http://www.tortoisesupply.com/ sells seeds and cactu and is also a member of this forum. Also check out tortoisetable.org for edible plants/weeds/flowers. Many babies don't like hay Oregon grasses until they are older. You might try chopping the hay small and soaking in water, then trying to feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.