What enclosure should I get?

Jodipg82

Location (City and/or State)
Oviedo
Also, to prevent pyramiding you‘ll want to give your baby soaks daily for 20-30 minutes. Good luck!
Please make sure you use warm water. They are cold blooded and need a hot/humid environment and warm water. Use a thermometer to check the water temp (90°). While they are soaking they usually poop which is great but remove the poop so they are not walking through it. Only fill the container up to a 1/3 of their shell as they cannot swim and should still be able to walk around.

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
Please make sure you use warm water. They are cold blooded and need a hot/humid environment and warm water. Use a thermometer to check the water temp (90°). While they are soaking they usually poop which is great but remove the poop so they are not walking through it. Only fill the container up to a 1/3 of their shell as they cannot swim and should still be able to walk around.
Yeah yeah dw I used warm water I know

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
But I can’t always maintain 90 degrees because like where I live is Massachusetts so it’s not always hot so it’s hard to maintain that

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
If you do not want the help and are going to have rude responses, then why did you post? We care about the well-being of the living creature you purchased and are clearly not ready to own. Good luck to your tortoise.
How is that rude note that I’m only 13 and this is how I talk not trying to be rude on purpose sorry if I offended you in some way

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
Also I’m doing everything I can to be a good owner and to make sure he grows good and is healthy this is my 2nd day just chill I’m just getting started today I’m buying all the equipment I need and am investing all my money and more to take care of this tortoise

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
I know I made a mistake of not buying equipment before but that’s not my fault it’s my parents but today I’ll get everything you guys recommended me because I trust you guys not no Petco or anything you guys because you guys are on this forum for a reason to help others now please just understand that you have to make mistake to learn from them my tortoise is fine right now in the sun I’m giving it like baths daily I soaked it in water like you said in warm water and it’s just all good but I’ll be working on feeding it the proper foods she needs so she can have a good life

Crush da Baum

Brooksville
Also I’m doing everything I can to be a good owner and to make sure he grows good and is healthy this is my 2nd day just chill I’m just getting started today I’m buying all the equipment I need and am investing all my money and more to take care of this tortoise
Great! I am 13 too. I know the struggle.

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
also one last question my tortoise keeps scraching its eyes every once and a while could it be that it has am eye infection? because her eyes are very watery

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Could you post some pictures of her eyes? That would help a lot.

You want her to be warm, but if she's in the sun she needs to have shade available. Young torts can overheat very quickly.

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
Could you post some pictures of her eyes? That would help a lot.

You want her to be warm, but if she's in the sun she needs to have shade available. Young torts can overheat really be quickly
Also that red is a strawberry I gave her

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
In the picture, I can't see the wateryness. But thanks for posting it.

I also don't see any crustiness or irritation, so that's a good thing.

Maybe the light is just too bright for her. Redfoot live in forests under tree canopies, so they are made for dappled sunshine. Let's ask for some help from another member...
@ZEROPILOT some mentoring needed here.

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
In the picture, I can't see the wateryness. But thanks for posting it.

I also don't see any crustiness or irritation, so that's a good thing.

Maybe the light is just too bright for her. Redfoot live in forests under tree canopies, so they are made for dappled sunshine. Let's ask for some help from another member...
@ZEROPILOT some mentoring needed here.
Are you some biologist just wondering