What enclosure should I get?

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
North Florida
This thread might give you some ideas about how to hang the lights: https://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/hanging-lights-ideas.23658/
Depending on what method you use, you may have to do something different to close the top of the "closed chamber" enclosure.

I found the thread I mentioned in the paragraph above by searching for "DIY light stand" using the Forum search feature.

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
This thread might give you some ideas about how to hang the lights: https://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/hanging-lights-ideas.23658/
Depending on what method you use, you may have to do something different to close the top of the "closed chamber" enclosure.

I found the thread I mentioned in the paragraph above by searching for "DIY light stand" using the Forum search feature.
alright thanks for the ideas i already got an idea ill just cut a hole in the middle and let it be there

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
alright thanks for the ideas i already got an idea ill just cut a hole in the middle and let it be there
Keep in mind... How are you going to keep the CHE off of plastic?

I'm trying to remember where I've seen it, but I think maybe it was @ZEROPILOT who used cake pans (from the kitchen section at Walmart or wherever) to mount CHEs onto, to keep the CHEs in place at the top of the enclosure.

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
Keep in mind... How are you going to keep the CHE off of plastic?

I'm trying to remember where I've seen it, but I think maybe it was @ZEROPILOT who used cake pans (from the kitchen section at Walmart or wherever) to mount CHEs onto, to keep the CHEs in place at the top of the enclosure.
ill show you what i mean by this

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
I’ll just let it hang off of the white part like next to the blue part

Attachments

• CDBE7E33-2D6A-409F-A376-E504C325F6AD.jpeg
    CDBE7E33-2D6A-409F-A376-E504C325F6AD.jpeg
    460.6 KB · Views: 29

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
alright thanks for showing me the forum ive learned some stuff also one thing do you use a CHE?
I use a CHE with both of my bearded dragon enclosures. Each bearded dragon tank has a heavy duty metal screen lid, and the CHE (in a fixture) either sits on top of the heavy duty metal screen lid or hangs just above the lid (from a Zoo Med light stand).

Each CHE is on a thermostat to make sure the CHE turns OFF when the enclosure gets TOO HOT.

Please note, my bearded dragons do not need (or want) the same humidity that redfoots and hatchling tortoises need. I don't have any closed chamber setups in my house because I don't have any tortoises or hatchling tortoises. The care requirements for my turtles are very different. My mud turtles and young spotted turtles spend almost all of their time in water, so they don't need any kind of closed chamber to keep in the humidity. :p My box turtle has her very own pool in her indoor enclosure, and she likes her air and ground temperatures cooler in the winter than a tropical tortoise like a redfoot would. I mention all that to say that I'm NOT experienced with closed chamber setups, so it's really important that you spend time reading the threads and posts from people who ARE. :)

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
No
I suspended mine from the inside of the lid with hooks.
(Part of the lid that didn't get raised)
Cool I like your reply but I have my own idea how about I just make a hole and make it the same circumference as the ceramic part where you put it inside of the thing to make it turn on

Attachments

• 05AC8FEE-1788-4186-B251-505A3627DEA4.jpeg
    05AC8FEE-1788-4186-B251-505A3627DEA4.jpeg
    16.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 1D51B6C9-4612-49BD-B8F1-A96BD1B01349.png
    1D51B6C9-4612-49BD-B8F1-A96BD1B01349.png
    104.1 KB · Views: 13

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
Also today I couldn’t give her the soak she should have because the water is cold today because apparently the heater is “broken”