What flowers can Banjo eat? Please

Banjo#tortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Hampshire
Hi I'm new to the group. we live in Hampshire UK, I have adopted Banjo who is a 7 year old horse field tortoise. His previous owners didn't have time to look after him so we are so pleased to have him. We have changed his home so he has room to move and enriched his environment. He's finally starting to settle and is eating well now he's such a lovely character. I want to plant some flowers in my garden for Banjo but feeling overwhelmed with information. Please can I ask what is best and easy to grow. At the moment he is grazing on leaves and pallets that came with him. I want to make sure he's getting a range of food. Also do I need to get him some vitamin powders? Please be mindful we are trying to give Banjo a loving home so we might not be getting everything right atm but we're learning and trying to provide the best for him.

Also on another note. Does anyone have trouble with their dog being obsessed with their tortoise. If he's out grazing and walking around garden my Cockerpoo whines and howls to be with him but she's can't because she tries to stractch and nibble his legs so I have ensure they are seperate but roo just gets distressed.

Attachments

• DSC_2053.JPG
    DSC_2053.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 14

bella&george

AZ
Hollyhock, rose of sharon, pot marigold (other types of marigold I believe are toxic, so be sure it is only pot marigold), rose petals, hibiscus flowers, and geraniums are all safe to feed, but I don't know how easy it is to grow them as i haven't tried yet... An overall safe and easy choice is dandelion. They can eat both the leaves and flowers and the plant grows like a weed. My torts absolutely love dandelion.
If you are having trouble with finding out how to give him a good diet or have some questions about any other stuff, i'll put a care sheet at the bottom that can help a lot. (Written by Tom)
Sorry for the late response, I only just noticed this thread!
I hope you and Banjo have a wonderful day.
Please read it through, as it may answer a lot of your questions.

Thread 'The Best Way To Raise Any Temperate Species Of Tortoise'
https://www.tortoiseforum.org/threa...ise-any-temperate-species-of-tortoise.183131/

Banjo#tortoise

Hampshire
Thank you. I've been reading up on your thread. So helpful. Got some lovely ideas. Going to make the tortoise run this weekend that you pictured. Thank you for supportive comments.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Thank you. I've been reading up on your thread. So helpful. Got some lovely ideas. Going to make the tortoise run this weekend that you pictured. Thank you for supportive comments.
Welcome from Devon. The tortoise trust uk has a long list of suitable weeds and other plants that grow in the uk. I'm not sure how to send you the details, but if you look up the trust,I'm sure you can find it.
We give Zola a small pinch of Nutrabal once a week - vitamins and calcium.
Best wishes
from Angie