What is everybody doing for Thanksgiving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Like the title says, whatcha planning on doing Thursday? Off to relatives? Having the gang over? Watching football? Or maybe your from some where that doesn't celebrate?

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I have a friend who does foster/adopt as well, and she has two of siblings of my three foster kids. So we're going to her house for Thanksgiving, so the siblings can be together... between her adopted and foster kids, and mine, there will be two adults and SIXTEEN children aged 2 - 16! I don't know how fun that will be for us adults, but I'm sure the kids will have a blast!

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Getting together with Dan's family since mine is in Arkansas. Im taking Pumpkin Cheesecake, Peanut Butter Cup Pie, Baked Beans with ground beef and Spicy Marinated Mozz and Cheddar cheese cubes.

Oh and of course the Packer game will be on for the family Packer fanatics.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Three of my kids, my sister, and my husband (if he can get a load coming this way) will be here. My oldest Toby is going to come straight from work, so he can fix the turkey. A family request the last couple of years because he makes it so much better then I do. We both use the fresh rosemary and sage, but he has a magical way. Just tastes out of the world when he does it.

Except for Toby cooking the turkey and my sister doing the green bean casserole thing and bringing the olives/pickles, the rest is up to me to fix. We try to make something new and different each holiday, but yet keep all the old family traditions. Sometimes it's just some funny kind of jelly or jam somebody picked up along the way.

I like Thanksgiving because after the meal we all end up sitting around the table talking. Love to just sit back and listen to the kids, especially when they start remember things from the past. It's the most perfect couple of hours I have all year long.

AST-Loch

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I'm going over to my Grandma's. She likes to prepare everything, it's a huge event.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I'll be going to my daughters. I am bringing the yams -I make um with brandy and a side dish something different this year don't quite know what yet. Daughter cooks the greenbeans. Grandkids are baking ,My daughters father in-law is making the cranberries and my son-inlaw does the rest of the cooking. When dinner is done and we have sat for a while and talked then the males -Yep MALES :p do all the clean-up. Us gals get to just relax. There should be around 35 or more friends and family this year.

clark

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
cape canaveral/cocoa beach florida
well i have a half day planned at the beach for just me and my tortoise clark. I ordered him a fresh mini basket of organic fruit from a local farmer to give to him and then its off to my moms to spend rest of the day being stuffed with calrk at my side.My mother is a tortoise lover as well now and spends just as much time surfing the web and learning things to help me with clark.I also have a couple of friends coming over to my moms for thanksgiving so i look forward to thursday.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
My hubby, myself, my 4 kids and my oldests girlfriend are all heading to PA, near Penn State College. We are having Thanksgiving at my Aunt's house. My Mom has 11 brothers and sisters so Thanksgiving is alway big. This will be the first time I have been back for a dinner in a looonnnnggg time, so I am really looking forward to it. It is my favorite holiday and my most favorite meal!

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
clark said:
well i have a half day planned at the beach for just me and my tortoise clark. I ordered him a fresh mini basket of organic fruit from a local farmer to give to him and then its off to my moms to spend rest of the day being stuffed with calrk at my side.My mother is a tortoise lover as well now and spends just as much time surfing the web and learning things to help me with clark.I also have a couple of friends coming over to my moms for thanksgiving so i look forward to thursday.

Sounds like a fun day. Be careful with too much fruit for Clark since Sulcata's cant really digest all of the sugars too well.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.