What is happening to my tort shell?

Potato_king

Location (City and/or State)
Oman
Good morning
Few days ago, I've noticed some white spots on my tort's shell. And I've read that the spots appear due to hard water. But now i think that my torts shell is rotting. What can I do about it? There is no vet near by and my tortoise's shell has a lot of cracks.
The crack were already there when I bought my tort.. I think it's the previous owner's fault 7829B882-D8E6-45FB-AEB5-AFA395043CAF.jpeg
D6D09321-D036-4E17-9B09-53DF6010A5F3.jpeg
94A5CA92-08DE-4D37-B097-7E1032652E66.jpeg

Potato_king

Oman
565555F9-AA9D-49F4-9F7E-12C960DCA27C.jpeg
This is another pictures for my tortoise,
Also, her appreciate is very good and she walks around.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I don't see any rot. I see excessive dryness due to lack of damp substrate and a possible lack od soaking.

Gravel can be a tortoise killer. They really shouldn't have access to that.

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Your tortoise looks very dry, try a long shallow soak, rub coconut oil on the shell, read care sheet and review enclosure .....substrate, heat, humidity, light, food, water and get a soak routine in place. You will be rewarded with smooth good growth.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
What species is it?
There are caresheets for most species which will help- you correct any past wrongs so your tort stays happy and healthy.

Potato_king

Oman
I don't see any rot. I see excessive dryness due to lack of damp substrate and a possible lack od soaking.

Gravel can be a tortoise killer. They really shouldn't have access to that.
Thank you so much for the feedback, I feel really relieved knowing that my tortoise doesn’t have any rot. Also, thank you for telling me about the gravel, its not their enclosure, whenever i take my tortoise out from their enclosure, they go directly to this place. I bought this tortoise from another owner around 4 months ago, her shell was in a really bad condition and im still trying to fix it.

Potato_king

Oman
Than
What species is it?
There are caresheets for most species which will help- you correct any past wrongs so your tort stays happy and healthy.
thank you for the feedback, its a Greek tortoise.

Potato_king

Oman
Your tortoise looks very dry, try a long shallow soak, rub coconut oil on the shell, read care sheet and review enclosure .....substrate, heat, humidity, light, food, water and get a soak routine in place. You will be rewarded with smooth good growth.
Thank you very much for the advice, im soaking my tortoise once every two days. And at this point, im really angry because the previous owner obviously didn’t take a good care of her.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Than

thank you for the feedback, its a Greek tortoise.
This up to date caresheeet will help you get things right.

Ask as many questions as you like someone will soon be along to help.