What is happening?

DanH44

Location (City and/or State)
Syracuse NY
I’m not sure what’s going on with my Russian girl. Any ideas with these pics of shell?

98F7EF1E-71D8-4381-9EC3-EAC24BBA1AD9.jpegFCC132F1-8400-4C77-B6A8-B0A3ED57A5FB.jpeg5A610398-4B7B-4B14-9C4C-C471FB4118D0.jpeg

LifewithFrank

California
Is it wet or just shiny?

Also looks like irregular growth but I am not too sure. I would wait for the experts to come on the form, they always have the best insight ?

FrankIinTheTortoise

Earth
I’m not sure what’s going on with my Russian girl. Any ideas with these pics of shell?
It looks like her shell is pyramiding. I'm not sure though, it looks really bad. I suggest immediately increasing the humidity of her enclosure and giving her a good soak daily for 20-30 minutes. That might stop it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm a little concerned about that last picture. It looks like her body is growing bigger than the shell. Have you had this tortoise long? What is the diet? There's nothing wrong with the shell other than it seems too small for the body. Like everyone has already said, it's new growth. But I notice, besides her body growing to big, that she has some cracks in the skin on the legs. Please let us know how your keeping this tortoise - lights, heat, diet, etc.

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
I second Yvonne's comment, shell is just growing, rapidly, but its ok. Tort should not be bulging out of the shell like that last pic though. And the peeling skin is unusual.

queen koopa

Las Vegas Nevada
I'm a little concerned about that last picture. It looks like her body is growing bigger than the shell. Have you had this tortoise long? What is the diet? There's nothing wrong with the shell other than it seems too small for the body. Like everyone has already said, it's new growth. But I notice, besides her body growing to big, that she has some cracks in the skin on the legs. Please let us know how your keeping this tortoise - lights, heat, diet, etc.
Yes that picture shocked me a bit....

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
I think a review of light , soaking, humidity and diet are urgently needed. Please share more info and urgent changes should be applied. The body is to big for the shell which just be uncomfortable.