What is it(my baby ibera greek tortoise)?

penpolice

Location (City and/or State)
south korea
1618633319504-0.jpg1618632378485.jpg1618633319504-1.jpg1618633319504-2.jpg
I suddenly found it and I'm really worried about this is symptom of shell rot. Please tell me what's going on this little guy's belly shell.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Hello, and welcome to the forum!

It looks to me like there is/was a cut or other injury to the skin. The dark blob looks like coagulated blood.

It's hard to tell in the pictures...is the blob on skin or on the shell? Even if it is on shell, it could still be a scab.

Hopefully someone else will have a better idea.

penpolice

south korea
Hello, and welcome to the forum!

It looks to me like there is/was a cut or other injury to the skin. The dark blob looks like coagulated blood.

It's hard to tell in the pictures...is the blob on skin or on the shell? Even if it is on shell, it could still be a scab.

Hopefully someone else will have a better idea.
thank you for reply :) if your opinion is right my little guy will be fine. i'm so relief. thank you again!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Could it possibly be a little black rock that's stuck in there? If it were my tortoise I'd take a tweezer or something and gently try to pry it out of there. If Karen is correct and it is a scab, be prepared that it may bleed. Cornstarch will stop bleeding.

penpolice

south korea
Could it possibly be a little black rock that's stuck in there? If it were my tortoise I'd take a tweezer or something and gently try to pry it out of there. If Karen is correct and it is a scab, be prepared that it may bleed. Cornstarch will stop bleeding.
thank you for reply! there are no black rocks in my enclosure. so i think it may be scab. cornstarch is new information for me! prepare it for unexpected bleeding. thank you for your help :)