what is the best vegetable for indian star and sulcuta tortoises?

w3nbin

hi guy, im so excited, my tortoise will be arrived 2 more days. i have been doing my research on the diet,
sadly, i cant trust the other website informations because one of the web i found, they listed the spinach and potato was one of the best food for tortoises, i dont know if they were trolling or something. so plz plz. can u guys name me the good vegetables for them ?? thanks.

Keith D.

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
hi guy, im so excited, my tortoise will be arrived 2 more days. i have been doing my research on the diet,
sadly, i cant trust the other website informations because one of the web i found, they listed the spinach and potato was one of the best food for tortoises, i dont know if they were trolling or something. so plz plz. can u guys name me the good vegetables for them ?? thanks.
Hello and welcome to TFO. There are a ton of good vegetables, weeds, leaves, flowers and especially grasses.

Bermuda grass is def a must, fresh is best, make sure it hasn't been sprayed with anything and rinse it off like all other foods. Collard greens, dandelion greens, grape leaves, squash leaves and flowers, mulberry tree leaves, radichio, kale (esp. Dino kale)
Petunas, pansies, hibiscus leaves and flowers. The list goes on and on.
You can search sulcata food list and it will bring up links on this site.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A very warm welcome to the forum!

Please read the "beginners' thread" as well as different care sheets.

Can't wait to see a pic of your tort!

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Hi and welcome from the Desert !
m0754.gif