WHAT IS THE EASIEST WAY TO GET HIM TO OPEN HIS MOUTH FOR HIS ORAL MEDICATION?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alta Loma, CA
What is the easiest way to get my juvenile tortoise to open his mouth for his oral medicaton?. He only has to take one drop. The vet made it look so easy. I am afraid I will hurt his neck or mouth. He has already been through a lot in the past 24 hours with the dog attack and then vet visit. If I could count on him eating his Manzuri tomorrow I could put it in there, but he might not feel like eating. When we got home from the vets he didn't feel like eating a Hisbicus flower (which is his favorite and he normally gobbles up a flower that is as big as him). I will feel a lot better when he starts eating.

Thank you for any information.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
I would try, with Cooper, having like a piece of watermelon and put it up to his face, he will go crazy for watermelon. Or, he yawns so much, I could just wait till he yawns! lol! Good luck!

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
I grasp them behind the head with my thumb and middle finger, then use the other hand to gently pull down on the lower jaw. I usually have someone with the medicine ready to squirt it in as soon as I get the mouth open. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.