what is this it was cought by my neighbor

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
I like desert tortoise. I hope s/he will get some good care soon.

nate304

he loves to eat my lawn. I contacted ctta there guy for licensing is on vacation and told me to call back Monday and we could get the papper work taken care of. I did find the owner or claims to be the owner and she claims it got out 3 years ago. She also told me I was welcome to keep it if I go threw the leagal process and get it tagged. I built a make shift pen out back .im gonna lay sod in half of it" Bermuda" for grazing. during the winter ill tortois proof the back yard and lay a new lawn so it can roam freely. thank you all for all your help.

Arnold_rules

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Gilbert, AZ
If he/she is "wheezing" a little while breathing, there might be a respritory infection. Remember, I only play a vet on TV and am not a real vet :) It also might go away if the tortoise kept dry and soaked.

Good looking tortoise by the way, especially once they gain a litte weight.

nate304

a little update, I built it a wenter enclosure . I still have to add some more soil to the cave to keep it insolated better. I think I covered all the basses. eventualy hopefully by spring he will have the whole yard and his own lawn. but this is a start . im also going to throw in a piece of sod so he can graze in the temporary home.

thanks guys
nate

Attachments

• IMG_2171.JPG
    IMG_2171.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2172.JPG
    IMG_2172.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 31