What is this swelling on the neck

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
One of my friend have this torts that he discovered this morning with a welling on the neck.

Can anyone guess what it is? It was fine last night.

@Yvonne G , @tortadise , @Will @Tom

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:

domalle

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
One of my friend have this torts that he discovered this morning with a welling on the neck.

Can anyone guess what it is? It was fine last night.

View attachment 139431 View attachment 139432 View attachment 139433

Thank you for your help.
Looks more like an allergic reaction to an insect bite or sting than an abscess. If it is an insect sting or bite it should resolve on its own as quickly as it appeared. Give it a day or two. An abscess typically occurs in the tympanic (ear) area and has to be surgically removed.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Looks more like an allergic reaction to an insect bite or sting than an abscess. If it is an insect sting or bite it should resolve on its own as quickly as it appeared. Give it a day or two. An abscess typically occurs in the tympanic (ear) area and has to be surgically removed.
Thank you for your advise. I will forward your reply to him for him to continue of monitoring it.

Lovely tortoise

China
How is your friend's turtle right now? My friend is probably experiencing the same thing too. Do you have a QQ group or we chat group that I can, if you are willing to allow me, to join?