What is this tall grassy type plant?

Iochroma

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Francisco
Acacia are an African group of trees? I think some are a food source for leopards, but from what I've read there are many kinds and some are seasonally avoided by most herbivores.

On the two plants ( one from the OP and one from Hugo's Home ) the mystery one and the desert willow, the quality of the images are good enough to see they are not the same. But darn it all they look really close.

The dang taxonomists have been mucking around and decided that only Australian Acacia are really Acacia , Linnaeus be damned. The African species (of the putative Acacia ) are well known, and with caution, might be used in enclosures for African tortoise species. I would avoid the lot, out of a superabundance of caution.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
As i said in my first post, it looks like one of the exotic species of Acacia. Maybe one of the Australian species. The flowers will be needed for a more positive ID.
Edit: I would not want an Acacia in an animal enclosure.
I'm sorry about the confusion re' your screen name. I haven't been on here long enough to know everyone yet. This plant is not growing naturally here...it was planted by a nurseryman, so it could be anything. Maybe I'll have to dig it out if it can't be positively identified. Thanks for your expertise.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
The leaf "habit" does not appear to match your plant from what I can tell. I think we are on a course to wait for the flowers.
You are probably correct. I'm taking a small branch with me to Lowe's in a last ditch effort to match it. I did take another pic...will post later.