What kind of enclosure do you keep your marginated in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkingler

5 Year Member
Post pictures of your enclosures, facts about its contents, et cetera! :D

I am curious to see what you all are using and how I can improve what I am using to best meet the needs and potential wants of our little one.

(Also, as an aside, do you think it is beneficial to redesign the layout and contents of the enclosure? Or is it better to leave it mostly the same, aside from making necessary changes as they arise? Just wondering, since it seems like "new surroundings" could maybe be positive and stimulating, scary and stressful, or a bit of both. I admit to a lot of tinkering with the layout, so hopefully I am not going to give the poor guy ulcers!)

This is more or less what Deedle's current enclosure looks like
xavtsm.jpg

The only differences are some new rocks, more of a "hills and valleys" approach to his substrate to make him walk up- and downhill, and an extra water dish off to the side.

He's got a cap full of calcium, a plant dish of clover in the center, and a pot of dandelion in the back corner, lots of rocks, several hides, and so on.

I have the humidity up to 65% in the dark side of the enclosure (and surely higher than that in the hides), but I need to get another, better heat lamp (MVB, unsure which) to raise the basking heat from 85 degrees up to the prescribed 95-105 range.

So I've showed you mine. Tell me what you like, what needs fixing, and most importantly, show me yours. :)

jkingler

5 Year Member
We recently bought a PowerSun 100 and will have that up and running shortly. :)

The enclosure is 26''x20''x7'', with a ~100 degree hot spot, most of the warm end in the 80-90 range, and the cooler end in the 65-70 range. The humidity ranges from the 60s to the 70s. Also, recently redid the coir and enclosure with more rocks and plants, and I made "hills and valleys" to simulate uneven terrain. (You can get an idea of what I mean if you check out the pictures linked in my signature.) :) Does that sound agreeable?

If not, let me know, as I am extremely open to constructive criticism. I plan to make the enclosure bigger when Deedle gets bigger, but will do so sooner if it seems too small. (Deedle is ~2'' SCL, to give some perspective.)

KQ6AR

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Concord, CA
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I guess the photo is deceiving, it sounds like its just long enough to give you a good temperature gradient.

Status
Not open for further replies.