what kind of hay besides timothy

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
That's a good idea. I got 2 bales of hay today. It's a mix of orchard/brome/timothy and they said a small amount of clover.

~ We have fed bales that were mixed also when the 100% orchard grass was not available and they would eat it. What we have found is that if it is not fresh, green and smells good, they tend to prefer other options other than hay. One thing i always make sure is that it is "soft".

PastorDimitri

Location (City and/or State)
US
Do Russian desert tortoises need hay?? I am new at this but want to care for their needs. I have a 12 year old and a 3 to 5 year old conflicting info on her age.

Brian Perry

I have been out of hay (timothy) and there is none available yet in my area (from farmers). I am still searching to see what my other hay eaters can have (rabbits, guinea pigs) but what other hays can a sulcata have? I find mixed info. The hay I see available in my area right now is alfalfa/brome/clover/timothy mixtures an one other kind that I can't think of the day at moment- which is also a mixture. Does anyone know if that is ok until timothy becomes available?
For my stars, I create a bed with orchard grass. Walmart has large bags of Timothy Hay, btw...in the pet section.