What kind of tortoise is this? And what gender?

Jlant85

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Hehehe hoy!! Sorry had to do it. It's always fun to see other Filipinos on the forum. When I saw las pinas on your profile I was like, that's near my families place in the Philippines.

Rovolthro

Las Piñas
Hehehe hoy!! Sorry had to do it. It's always fun to see other Filipinos on the forum. When I saw las pinas on your profile I was like, that's near my families place in the Philippines.
so you're half Filipino?

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Pretty sure it's a Testudo graeca ibera......commonly known as an ibera Greek tortoise.

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
I'm full blooded born but raised in the US. If you have a Facebook, join our group: Philippine tortoise enthusiasts
Also read up on the link I posted earlier. That man who wrote that post is one of the most knowledgable person I know when it comes to Greek.

Rovolthro

Las Piñas
I'm full blooded born but raised in the US. If you have a Facebook, join our group: Philippine tortoise enthusiasts
Also read up on the link I posted earlier. That man who wrote that post is one of the most knowledgable person I know when it comes to Greek.
Thanks!

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
Anytime. I raise Greeks myself and one of my favorite species. You have anymore questions, feel free to contact me anytime. Everybody in this forum are very friendly and will gladly answer your questions.

Rovolthro

Las Piñas
Anytime. I raise Greeks myself and one of my favorite species. You have anymore questions, feel free to contact me anytime. Everybody in this forum are very friendly and will gladly answer your questions.
Who will accept my join request in facebook?

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
yeah sorry zik is the admin and you'll have to wait for him.

glaerey

5 Year Member
So all tortoises with spurs are greek?
not exactly all tortoises with spurs are greek.
greek is also known as Mediterranean spur thigh tortoise.
sulcata has more than one spur each side and its known as african spurred tortoise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
not exactly all tortoises with spurs are greek.
greek is also known as Mediterranean spur thigh tortoise.
sulcata has more than one spur each side and its known as african spur thigh tortoise.
Just like he said, not all torts that have spurs are Greeks. From the sounds of it, your new at this. Good thing you came here. Best advise i can give you: don't be afraid to ask questions no matter how stupid you think it is. It's better to ask stupid questions than make stupid mistakes. We are all here to help you out.

ismail

5 Year Member
Definitely a greek. As it grows you will identify the sex and maybe the subspecies. there is lots of helpful information here of how to take care of your hatchling. it is important to soak it daily in warm water and feed green weeds daily. try to get a uv lamp and cermaic heater. aim to have a basking temperature of 30deg C. substrate is also important. you'll need one that can remain moist.

tortgirl123

Not questioning that you actually bought him from a pet store, but I heard that it wasn't legal to sell turtles under 4 inches in a pet store. Maybe that's just for turtles and not torts. Although I've never seen hatchlings at the pet store. Anybody know what the legal size is in America? I don't know if your in the USA or not though. But he is definitely adorable!