What kind of tortoise is this ??

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
I know it’s a tortoise I just didn’t what what kind.
NO! It's not a tortoise, it's a turtle. Looks like a mud turtle to me too....At first I thought it was a side-neck...ANYHOW...it's most likely a semi-aquatic turtle. It needs to be put with water...Not like a water turtle, but more like a 'beach' where it can either be in a boggie situation or on land. Regardless, that animal will need to be correctly id'ed or you won't know what kind of care it needs, and if it turns out to be what we thought that substrate in the box is not in anyway what it will need....be patient, someone will id it soon, probably my sister....

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
S/he's adorable! I can't wait to see the darling's id...and all the info here afterwards.

Pistachio's Pamperer

Tri-cities, Tennessee
Meanwhile. We are not trying to be mean. People on this site love these animals, and are only trying to help.
Hopefully one of the pros will be along shortly. While waiting for some more exact advice. I would suggest reading this thread so you can start getting an idea of why it is -very- important that this little guy/girl get taken care of properly.

WELCOME to tortoise forum. I hope the best for you and yr little guy/girl.
-Meg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Oh my goodness. That's a pretty little thing regardless of what he/she might be. That is definitely a turtle smile. You did good!

YVONNE G: We got anyone on site that can help some more??

-Meg
An alert has been sent twice above to a member we think would know. They haven't responded yet.