Location (City and/or State)
CA
sulcata

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
dmmj said:

It looks different to me- but OK. I see it every year I go on vacation and over the last year it just got huge! I love him though. He comes when you call him :) It's like he remembers me from year to year :)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I'd say 110% is right on the money...cuz he's a big boy!

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
This little big man grew a lot since last year. I mean a lot!! He still moves fast! They built him a new house this year too- the sides are concrete blocks and it goes deep into the ground with more food and substrate. His name is Peanut... he was so little! Cute Peanut :)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Nice looking tort for sure, and I love the name Peanut for such a big Sully, makes me laugh.

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
The funny part was when I said here Peanut... Peanut.." and I expected to see a smaller tort- I was shocked at how fast this grew!! He came out from tall plants and right for me! Super smart :)!!

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
Peanut lives on the east coast -- not far from Boston - and the ocean. He does have it made-- large farm to roam when people like me aren't stopping by to visit :)

M

Maggie Cummings

He's a Sulcata and his carapace is damaged. I'll bet he started to pyramid and the husbandry changed so the pyramiding stopped...or something like that...

Livingstone

10 Year Member!
Richmond, Va
maggie3fan said:
He's a Sulcata and his carapace is damaged. I'll bet he started to pyramid and the husbandry changed so the pyramiding stopped...or something like that...

Thats the first thing I thought too. The carapace is very small in circumference, his skirt should have grown down and extended over the back legs. Looks like the diet was too rich in protein, the animal grew faster than the shell. Other than that, he does look like a happy camper.

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
Yeah-- we don't know his history prior to living on this farm, but he's very personable!! I'm not kidding :) He's a sweetie and very intimidating at first. Thanks!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
SailingMystic said:
Yeah-- we don't know his history prior to living on this farm, but he's very personable!! I'm not kidding :) He's a sweetie and very intimidating at first. Thanks!
Most sulcatas are very outgoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.