What lighting do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBeanie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for bulbs for a basking spot. I'm looking for something that includes UVA UVB and heat that has a tight beam. the one I have now doesn't have a tight beam and is difficult to "aim" so to speak at any one rock in particular. Any suggestions? :) please and thanks

stinax182

5 Year Member
Springfield, Massachusetts
well i personally use 2 separate bulbs for each, but many other people use mercury vapor bulbs (mvb) which have both uvb (fake sunlight) and uva (heat) in one. and as for directing the light, do you have the metal domes that go over the lights? they make smaller sizes for more concentrated light.

SBeanie

5 Year Member
California
stinax182 said:
well i personally use 2 separate bulbs for each, but many other people use mercury vapor bulbs (mvb) which have both uvb (fake sunlight) and uva (heat) in one. and as for directing the light, do you have the metal domes that go over the lights? they make smaller sizes for more concentrated light.

I do have the the metal dome. :) when looking for a metal dome that would fit the bulb was a pain in the butt so I ended up getting one that was huge. Guess I should keep looking for a smaller one :)

stinax182

5 Year Member
Springfield, Massachusetts
hmm, odd, i kinda thought they'd fit any bulb! except tube bulbs, obviously, lol. i believe i have the 10" ones but i do have smaller ones which I'm guessing are 5"? i find them at hardware stores...or ocean state job lot (do not know if that is a nation wide store haha) what kind of bulb do you have that doesn't fit?

EKLC

5 Year Member
For my large enclosure I use an MVB since it gets hot enough to warm the whole enclosure

For the smaller enclosure I use a halogen bulb from a hardware store and a tube UVB from zoomed

tickle

5 Year Member
I use a120 watt mvp I forgot the name but it is one of the newer ones

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
THIS

large-729091_ZOOMED_POWER_SUN_UV_100W.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.