What plants should i bring inside?

Srmcclure

Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma city
Ok, so I have a few cactus pads growing in 2 pots, a fairly large aloe plant, my hibiscus in pots that are starting from clipping that have new leaf growth on them, pothos and mulberry clippings. Im not sure what I need to bring in and what I can leave outside during the winter months. Also, what should I do for them during these months? Our winters are fairly mild, but it does get below freezing a couple times and may snow once or twice, but not stick...

Thanks guys!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Ok, so I have a few cactus pads growing in 2 pots, a fairly large aloe plant, my hibiscus in pots that are starting from clipping that have new leaf growth on them, pothos and mulberry clippings. Im not sure what I need to bring in and what I can leave outside during the winter months. Also, what should I do for them during these months? Our winters are fairly mild, but it does get below freezing a couple times and may snow once or twice, but not stick...

Thanks guys!

If it drops below freezing & you want to save your plants, definitely the aloe, hibiscus, pothos. Put them in a warm room with lots bright light. if you want, you could give them a spray of Safers Insecticidal soap to kill off or remove aphids, spiders, etc. i never do. Water sparingly throughout Winter. The hibiscus will prob drop a lot of its leaves. Don’t worry. Just keep watering.

ps - the cactus as well.

Last edited:

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
If it drops below freezing & you want to save your plants, definitely the aloe, hibiscus, pothos. Put them in a warm room with lots bright light. if you want, you could give them a spray of Safers Insecticidal soap to kill off or remove aphids, spiders, etc. i never do. Water sparingly throughout Winter. The hibiscus will prob drop a lot of its leaves. Don’t worry. Just keep watering.

ps - the cactus as well.
Ok awesome! Its 46 now, so I'm good for now?

Chubbs the tegu

Ma

Thanks guys!
And any “medicinal” plants

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Ok awesome! Its 46 now, so I'm good for now?
Yep. 46 is fine. The colder temps definitely going to slow growth down, but if you just want to keep them from dying, you are good. Id bring them in any time now. I just brought in a bunch of aloe, cactus, lantana, jasmine, and a few hibiscus. Then i also have some Elephant Ears in large pots, thry will some in too grow all Winter. Banana will come into the garage & go dormant ‘til Spring.