What should i put in my sulcata enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caboose

5 Year Member
Im build a 4ftwide by 4ft long and two feet tall enclosure for my 5 month old sulcata. What should i put in it? I have some eco coco coir in it now. Should i mix some top soil and plant some seeds to grow for him to graze on. And what kind of plants should i put in it. I have some rocks for him to clime on for fun, and i also have a tree stump thing that opens for a humid hide. Do i need anything else???

ImageUploadedByTortForum1377472141.919859.jpg
This is the tree stump.

My Sulcata Michelangelo[TURTLE]
and my RedFoot Raphael [TURTLE]

Can anyone help asap

My Sulcata Michelangelo[TURTLE]
and my RedFoot Raphael [TURTLE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Seeds will sprout in your coir and he will eat them all up right away, or trample them, so I would not bother with soil. It might work better to buy a few shallow trays and sink one into the substrate somewhere away from the heat sources. Sprout your seeds in these trays and let them grow for two or three weeks and then pop a new tray into the enclosure. If you rotate trays he always have fresh stuff to graze on while the other trays recover. Make the trays big enough and rotate them often enough, and you won't ever have to "feed" your tortoise.

Other than that I would use potted plants so he can't get to them and eat or trample them.

Status
Not open for further replies.