What species is my tortoise? Please help I was sold as a bells hinge back but I'm not so sure

Camryn

Location (City and/or State)
Tampa, FL
Thats kinixys belliana nogyeui. Western Bells. Those guys wont hinge as much as the others. You can see the hinge a little. most nogyuei will stay this way. Good looking tortoise. They are kinda hard to find mates for here. I have been on the hunt for some mates for a lot of mine too.
Theres a pet store in Florida right by my house called Pet safari, and they have a Hingeback there for only $100. He was in bad bad shape.. But it was so cool seeing a hingback, because I've never seen one before in person :)

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Theres a pet store in Florida right by my house called Pet safari, and they have a Hingeback there for only $100. He was in bad bad shape.. But it was so cool seeing a hingback, because I've never seen one before in person :)
Really? Can you get me there information and maybe a picture of it?

Camryn

Tampa, FL
Really? Can you get me there information and maybe a picture of it?
There wasn't any pictures of the tortoise on their website.. The phone number is 727-443-0993. And the address is 1577 S. Highland Ave. Clearwater, Fl 33756. Im going to Petsmart today, so maybe I can stop by Pet safari and get you a good picture :) Good luck!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Here are some hinges to show you what they may look like. The hinge is found before the back foot and on the top shell (the carapace).

Jacqui, those are some beautiful hinges!!! I van see why you like them so much. Sometimes, in Florida, you'll stumble apon rare species because a lot of sellers don't know what they have.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
There wasn't any pictures of the tortoise on their website.. The phone number is 727-443-0993. And the address is 1577 S. Highland Ave. Clearwater, Fl 33756. Im going to Petsmart today, so maybe I can stop by Pet safari and get you a good picture :) Good luck!
Awesome

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I called them. They couldn't give me a pic, but said it was still there. I'd love to know which kind it is and get it. Also need to figure someone to ship it to me too. So if you do stop by snap a pic of it for me please.

Camryn

Tampa, FL
I called them. They couldn't give me a pic, but said it was still there. I'd love to know which kind it is and get it. Also need to figure someone to ship it to me too. So if you do stop by snap a pic of it for me please.
He looked dehydrated. I think you should get him, he defiantly needs a better home. Glad I can help you.

Camryn

Tampa, FL
It is. Im surprised no one has bought him yet, the store said they've had him for a long time.