WHAT SPECIES WOULD YOU SUGGEST?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
So as many of you know, I have quite the collection of numerous species. Ive never done the calender thing, but I would like to. I was wondering if maybe the forum folks would choose a specific species for a photo I would like to submit. I have too many photos and little time to post them all here so Im just going with what the members suggest.

Redfoots (7 countries)
Yellowfoots (3 countries)
egyptian
sulcata
Leopards
chaco
Manouria(all 3)
Spider (all 4)
Hingeback (erosa, homes, specks, bells)
Pancake
Star (indian,Burmese, Sri Lanken)
Elongated
Forstens
Travancore
Radiated
Russian
Aldabra

Well lets see what yall want to see on the calender from me.

Please? :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Spider or pancake or travancore, don't even know what that one looks like. We don't see many pancakes or spiders on here. Never seen a travancore. That's my choices. Sorry, couldn't pick just one:)

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
The problem is some are kinda dull at being photogenic and hard to capture good photos of. heres some animals that could be contestants if caught in good photogenic mode. :D

Man oh man Im in a pickle I tell yah. I do love the travancore, but they look just like an elongated just whitish. I dont bother them much. But they are very rare for people to see.

I am going to partial to the manouria I just love them they look like puppies. OK I gotta go take some photos. And figure out how to edit them haha.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I love the second and last pic.the second pic with the grumpy on the left and sweet on the right is great. Kinda like good cop bad cop thing going on:)

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
See the mountains (especially my browns as pictured) are so photogenic this is just a normal day for them. The spiders ehhh they just do their thing, same with the pancakes. I dunno. I will figure something out. Thanks for your comments.

feline8

5 Year Member
MD
Take a picture of the pancake tortoises. They have a very unique shape, and their patterns are really beautiful.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
For rarity purposes...I wouldn't mind seeing a Chaco or Egyptian in the calendar submissions!

safari_lass1

5 Year Member
SW Tn
I would love to see a M. Impressa, but the happy/ sad face is my favorite :))

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I would say NOT a sulcata, a redfoot, or a Russian. Why, because those are entered a lot of and they end up being the main ones which win with the voting. I personally want to see the ones, which we rarely see. So even a star or a radiated is out. Of course the downside is, you most likely will not be in the calender, if you take my suggestions. lol

Now as a Mod speaking here, please don't show what pictures your actually thinking about using. We want folks to only see them once the thread is opened and to have as much of no idea whose pictures they are actually seeing. That way the picture wins, not the person nor can somebody be trying to get folks to vote for their animals.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Jacqui said:
I would say NOT a sulcata, a redfoot, or a Russian. Why, because those are entered a lot of and they end up being the main ones which win with the voting. I personally want to see the ones, which we rarely see. So even a star or a radiated is out. Of course the downside is, you most likely will not be in the calender, if you take my suggestions. lol

Now as a Mod speaking here, please don't show what pictures your actually thinking about using. We want folks to only see them once the thread is opened and to have as much of no idea whose pictures they are actually seeing. That way the picture wins, not the person nor can somebody be trying to get folks to vote for their animals.

Yeah I was going to ask that if we could ask which photo people liked. Good thing I didnt submit them. But I have my choice made so can I post ones I am not going to use then?

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
Spider, chaco, forstens or elongated would be nice!!

Vincentdhr

5 Year Member
tortadise said:
So as many of you know, I have quite the collection of numerous species. Ive never done the calender thing, but I would like to. I was wondering if maybe the forum folks would choose a specific species for a photo I would like to submit. I have too many photos and little time to post them all here so Im just going with what the members suggest.

Redfoots (7 countries)
Yellowfoots (3 countries)
egyptian
sulcata
Leopards
chaco
Manouria(all 3)
Spider (all 4)
Hingeback (erosa, homes, specks, bells)
Pancake
Star (indian,Burmese, Sri Lanken)
Elongated
Forstens
Travancore
Radiated
Russian
Aldabra

Well lets see what yall want to see on the calender from me.

Please? :D

Where do you get all of these tortoises?!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yes you do. Everyone gets to vote so whatever is percieved the best doesnt depict really ir being a rare species or not. Im not a very good photographer anyways :D

Status
Not open for further replies.