What sub species of painted turtle is the REPTOMIN TURTLE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
I've always thought the painted turtle on the Reptomin was a unique looking painted turtle. I was wondering if everyone would say what subspecies they believe the turtle on the can best represents?ImageUploadedByTortForum1380393472.344141.jpg

It honestly has characteristics of several of the species. To me it's far from an Eastern , and best resembles a southern painted turtle with a narrow vertebral stripe. But I was hoping for other input. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
Haha, this is funny. I have thought about the same thing. It does look most like dorsalis, but if it were an ID here on the forum, I'd ask for more pics :)

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Exactly! Lol the head closely resembles Westerns shape and stripe pattern. Also having some webbing pattern in the scutes is a western feature.
I would love to know the local of this turtle. I've honestly looked at hundreds of pictures of southerns from different localities and this turtle resembles none of them.

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
diamondbp said:
No takers?

Maybe you could write the company and ask?

May[TURTLE]
Hermannis: Darwin & Wallace
Aussies: Dax, Vegas, & Cricket

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
If my memory serves me right, they wouldn't even send us information on the nutritional content of their food.

I doubt they recall the story of a 20 year old photo.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Yeh I doubt they would know if I contacted them. It's a southern painted no doubt, just a very interesting southern compared to most.

Status
Not open for further replies.