What the dumbest thing your tortoise has ever done

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
I don't know about dumb. But funny to me is the story of a baby Redfoot tortoise I had that scaled a wall made of cement blocks and then through a chicken wire fence.
For days, I scoured the yard on my hands and knees. Even offering my step son and a friend $20 each to look. Then I went to the neighbors and asked to look through their yards.
After 3 or 4 days I had given up and went to dismantle that particular pen...And found him trying to break back IN!
I suppose to get some food.
The worst prison break ever.
Whahaha. That is so funny. Clever little guy though.

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
So. Cal desert
I think Charlie likes the sound of his shell rubbing against the glass as he loves walking next to the glass doors. Or maybe he is trying to get my attention.
Lol, could be. But watch it ... Mo, my big Sulcata girl busted out one of my sliders. Ended up costing a small fortune because the replacement of one slider snowballed into replacing/updating all my sliders and windows. ( they had to match :) )

Boo628

California
My Sullys move my patio furniture all over the place ... constantly ... its annoying. Im slowing buying new pieces that dont have space underneath them. Im tired of adjusting cinder blocks. Its like they think they are only as big as their head. If their head fits, the rest of them will and they bull doze forward. Im always pulling table and chairs off of them :/
I do the same everyday

kewp

5 Year Member
Fullerton, CA
I have a wrought iron staircase going from my deck outside. My 11 inch sulcata wedged himself behind it. Don’t know how he managed, but had to break out the tub of Crisco and lub him all up to get him out it.