What to do spring mix or my mix? (Help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFCO

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Amherstburg, Ontario
Hello Everyone!!!

Ok so i posted some pic's on the spring mix i bought today for my sully to ask for your input. I'm from canada and looking for a spring mix i can feed to him daily is the stuff i have bought ok for a daily meal? As of now what i've been doing is mixing some collard greens, endive, kale, and romane and sometimes red leaf into a large stainless steel bowl and giving him almost a hand full a day. Every couple days i give him some dandelion leafs on there own. Also twice a week i give him a sprinkle of Calcium dust on his greens do you think he's getting to much calcium? should i stop give him this addtive? Also every day as a topper on his greens I add salade style hay and he get's a side dish of Mazuri which he loves. So should i feed him the spring mix or would the greens i mix up for him be better as a daily food. I just want whats best for him so if there is any changes i should make in his deit please let me know.

Thanks again for any help[/b]

View attachment 31707View attachment 31708

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If it were me, I'd include the spring mix along with everything else you are feeding. And calcium a couple times a week is fine.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
If you're giving out collards daily, you don't need a calcium supplement. But, all in all, you're diet sounds GREAT! If it was me, I'd probably cut the romaine and red leaf...and replace it with watercress, arugula and escarole. Spring Mix is a waste of time (and money...espcially since you're making your own...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Your mix sounds so much better to me, I would use it over the spring mix any day. Then every so often have a lazy week and use the spring mix or do a new type of green every so often just to keep everything interesting. :cool:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I would try to add some chopped hay to that mix too. There is a product called "Salad Style" that is basically finely blended dry hay that you can sprinkle on top of the grocery store greens for some much needed extra fiber.

TFCO

5 Year Member
Amherstburg, Ontario
bobbymoore said:
Where in Canada are you from I'm in southern ontario

I'm in Amherstburg Ontario near Windsor. Where are you in Ontario?

Tom said:
I would try to add some chopped hay to that mix too. There is a product called "Salad Style" that is basically finely blended dry hay that you can sprinkle on top of the grocery store greens for some much needed extra fiber.

Thanks Tom I am adding the Salad Style hay as you mention to me from an older post. And again Thank You so much for all the help.

Eddie

Ok sounds like i will keep him on the mix i make for him and maybe change up the romane and red leaf with watercress, arugula and escarole as Dean recommend just have to find a grocery store that sells any one of these?

And Thanks Again Everyone!!!

Eddie

Status
Not open for further replies.