What to do, what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsStaal

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
I bought a Greek tortoise a few months ago and he is currently living in a 20 gallon tank, which is too small I have gathered by reading other posts on here. My father and I have gone to PetSmart and Walmart looking for cages he may like to move into. We found a cage at PetSmart, like an actual tortoise cage, but my only concern is I keep him in my room and it would have to be on the floor. I don't know how my dogs would bother him. They are the friendliest things but I don't want Geno, my tortoise, to be stressed all the time. I also saw a rabbit cage, those large ones that have the wiring on the sides? The plastic is on the bottom and my dad was worried about the plastic melting and burning our house down. He isn't the biggest fan of spending money on my pets so he definetly doesn't want to run the risk of the house being burnt down either. Lastly, we saw a large aquarium. At least 50 gallons or more. It was really long and wide and not tall at all. It would fit perfectly on a shelf I have. I was wondering what would be the best thing for him out of these three. Or would none of them work. Should I keep looking? Here is the rabbit cage link
This was similiar to the tortoise cage I saw

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The best thing for now would be an outdoor enclosure. When warm weather is available that is the best place for them to be. As far as the enclosure, get the biggest you can.

Sorry, I forgot, HELLO AND WELCOME :D and we like pics

MrsStaal

5 Year Member
California
wellington said:
The best thing for now would be an outdoor enclosure. When warm weather is available that is the best place for them to be. As far as the enclosure, get the biggest you can.

Sorry, I forgot, HELLO AND WELCOME :D and we like pics

It just worries me, him being outside and all. We live right beside a trail with a bunch of palm trees with birds. I see those signs with cats missing and its because the birds eat them. I try to take him outside everyday so he gets fresh air and sunlight. He loves going for walks with me. So, I would prefer if he was inside, just considering the bird situation, and I'm super protective of him. Its like motherly instincts, haha. and thanks for the welcome!:)

Morty the Torty

5 Year Member
You can build a secure outdoor enclosure and bring him inside to the aquarium when you're not home:)

Status
Not open for further replies.