What to feed a Red Foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

katydid00

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I just got a Red foot tortoise yesterday. It was kind of a spur of the moment purchase. I like to research any pets that I plan on buying before i actually buy, but didn't really have time to this time.
I've been reading care sheets on Red Foot and everyone seems different. One says you can give your RF romain lettuce, one says you can't. One says tomatoes are good one says not. One says tortoise pellets softened are good, one says high end cat food softened is good and not to feed the tortoise pellets.
So I'm basically looking for some to let me know what works best for their RF. When i got her home I gave her some dandelion leaves and peas. I haven't fed her again. I was going to read up on what else to give her but I ended up being confused. Her shell is about 2-3". She's still small. I am calling her a girl b/c the guy was pretty sure it was a girl, but it's not guareeted to be a girl.
Please let me know what you feed you RF.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
A good site to goto is www.redfoots.com or www.turtletary.com. All my Rfs (yearlings to breeding stock) are on this diet and husbandry directions and are thriving. This is the way I've kept my RFs for about 30 years but Terry explains it simply and consisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.