What to Name our RF

AliciaM1386

Location (City and/or State)
Boulder, CO
I feel like figuring out the name for an animal can be the most fun but also the hardest part too. So my husband wants to name him Dozer if it is a boy. But I want a more unique name some of our other animals names are Kitana, Raiden, Piccolo, Vegeta, Sonya, Merlin and Lyra. Curious to hear some unique names and they don't have to be English we have one animal named Kayla which means "little dragon" in Japanese.IMG_6203.JPG

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
I feel like figuring out the name for an animal can be the most fun but also the hardest part too. So my husband wants to name him Dozer if it is a boy. But I want a more unique name some of our other animals names are Kitana, Raiden, Piccolo, Vegeta, Sonya, Merlin and Lyra. Curious to hear some unique names and they don't have to be English we have one animal named Kayla which means "little dragon" in Japanese.View attachment 327990
Cute tortoise you have there! ? I have to side with your husband, but only because my tortoises name is Dozer lol. It suits his personality so much though. Maybe you need to wait and see some of your little guys personality before you make the final decision.

AliciaM1386

Boulder, CO
Cute tortoise you have there! ? I have to side with your husband, but only because my tortoises name is Dozer lol. It suits his personality so much though. Maybe you need to wait and see some of your little guys personality before you make the final decision.
That's what I'm thinking so far I've seen it be curious, adventurous and has this go getter kind of attitude. Since it's only been 5 days since the little cutie has arrived.

Grace-Sophia

Texas
I have a lot of favorite characters but that's good idea maybe writing them all down and then narrowing them down. Bexley that's a unique cute name
Bexley also works for both male or female, so you wouldn’t have to worry about an unexpected gender reveal because your tort is still so young ?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Oh come on you guys...Dozer is a Sulcata name...lol... I have recently acquired a RF who named himself...at first it was Red. Yeah, I know corny...But after several...no, MANY escape attempts some close to successful...and several times a day still he is on his back...he is...Houdini the Jerk!!!
I am so laughing at him...
100_7869.JPG
he never gives up either...
100_7712.JPG
I am starting to really like him...:(

ColumbiaJane

5 Year Member
Dozer is perfect for any breed of tortoise! They only move in one direction, pretty much, no matter what.
We named our dt Son, aka Sonny. We had his mom who gave us the gift of 4 hatchlings, much to our surprise. We raised them up for several years, they started fighting and we rehomed all but one. Son is 32 years old now. His mom’s name was Mrs. Old Lady. (Must have been married, she had babies)

I wanted to name our Labrador “Roxie”, call her Rox. (Long story short, I think Rox is a good tortoise name as well. Our Labrador is Bonnie Blue…

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Speedy, flash are also options. @maggie3fan I like Houdini think he is full of personality and will keep you busy.

Reactions: Ink