what tortoise friendly plants do well in humidity?

JaySparks

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
London
humidity is about 50-60 in the daytime and up to 80 at night.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Most plants love the humidity and ambient temps of our enclosures. The problem is the lighting. You need plants that do well in lower lighting and place them to where they are not directly under a CHE or basking light as they will burn.

I have best results with ( in the order of how well they do for me best to medium)
Pothos Ivy
Boston Fern
Spider Plant
Prayer Plant
Coleus

JaySparks

5 Year Member
London
Most plants love the humidity and ambient temps of our enclosures. The problem is the lighting. You need plants that do well in lower lighting and place them to where they are not directly under a CHE or basking light as they will burn.

I have best results with ( in the order of how well they do for me best to medium)
Pothos Ivy
Boston Fern
Spider Plant
Prayer Plant
Coleus

I currently have spider plants. This might sound stupid but is feeding spider plants everyday bad? my tortoise tends to take a couple bites in the morning.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
None of those plants will create a problem if the tortoise nibbles on what it can reach. Certainly not a food staple, but fine for taking bites as the plant grows.

JaySparks

5 Year Member
London
None of those plants will create a problem if the tortoise nibbles on what it can reach. Certainly not a food staple, but fine for taking bites as the plant grows.

ok great thank you!