What type lamp is this ?

pikkos

Location (City and/or State)
cy
I take this for free from one friend and I am.not sure what is (As first time a get) is this only for heat or UV ? Is a good one?(because I read here that one type I think the coil bulb lambs it is not good) and i don't know what exactly is this ( I don't use it yet ,I wait for some opinion first) thanks :) 20180815_162000.jpeg20180815_162040.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Red lights like that are used to provide heat with no light, like for night time

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
It is a red colored bulb. I would not use that. It makes their whole world look red and they can see color better than we can. Use white light for day time and use heat emitters that don't emit light for night time, like a ceramic heat emitter or radiant heat panel.

Where is "cy"?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It is a red colored bulb. I would not use that. It makes their whole world look red and they can see color better than we can. Use white light for day time and use heat emitters that don't emit light for night time, like a ceramic heat emitter or radiant heat panel.

Where is "cy"?
Cyprus

pikkos

cy

Where is "cy"?
For white light I must buy something special(bulb) from petshops or a usual lamp from everywhere? Thanks for the advice guys :) cy = Cyprus ...Greek island

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
For white light I must buy something special(bulb) from petshops or a usual lamp from everywhere? Thanks for the advice guys :) cy = Cyprus ...Greek island
You should be able to get a flood or round bulb from any hardware store or similar place. Don't use a "spot" bulb.

pikkos

cy
You should be able to get a flood or round bulb from any hardware store or similar place. Don't use a "spot" bulb.
Ok that I'm going to do! The light we use it only for the UV?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Ok that I'm going to do! The light we use it only for the UV?
The bulb we are talking about is only a basking lamp for heat. You tortoise will need to get its UV from either daily sunning excursions or from a special indoor florescent UV tube.

pikkos

cy
The bulb we are talking about is only a basking lamp for heat. You tortoise will need to get its UV from either daily sunning excursions or from a special indoor florescent UV tube.
Ok thats is very helpfully for me to understand some things,I think now it's ok to.keep forward and post some progress ;) thank you very much for your time to explain some basics things to new people in this industry like me and many others