What type of Tort is this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comrad Turtles "grandma"

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
las Vegas, NV
So, someone has asked me if I want their tortoise. They don't know what type he is (he's pretty big) and they say he's a boy; but who knows??
I currently have a Russian Tortoise, and want to know what type this Big Guy is and if it would be VERY BAD to have them share the same back yard area. I would have them set up in different pens/hides inside; but they would "share" the back yard area - but would make sure they both have their own hides out there too. Will the "smell" of this Big Guy upset my Russian?

Thoughts will be VERY appreciated!!!!

This is another picture showing how BIG this guy is and then a picture of how small my Comrad is... (Comrad has a shoe fetish, don't judge him :) )

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Looks to be a desert tortoise. Judging my the size of his gular scute. That would be a male. If you keep them seperated in their own pens in the same backyard there will be no issue. Just dont keep them together.

Comrad Turtles "grandma"

10 Year Member!
las Vegas, NV
Okay, that's what I was worried about. I don't have a big backyard, and with my 2 dogs Comrad gets his own little area. But not really big enough for a nice area for this Big Dude too. :-( I'm sort of falling in love with him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.