What type of turtle is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
image-3172152770.png

My sister found it in her yard she lives in Bowling Green, Louisiana.

I was thinking an eastern box turtle but I'm not sure.

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
I'm really not sure what she did with it, they think it's a neighbors pet that got loose but so far no one is looking for it. I live in Ohio.

wellington said:
I hope she left it where she found it.

Just talked to her she said some neighbor didn't want it so they released it into the wild, they got it from a pet store but don't know what type of turtle it is, my sister didn't want to leave it in the wild since it was a pet for a whole year.

turtleluv88

5 Year Member
It looks a lot like one of my males which I believe is a eastern cross three-toed.

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
Thanks guys and she's is keeping it she said the neighbor told her that they left it outdoors so it could live in the wild, they can't care for it. Well that doesn't mean someone else can't care for it.

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
Your sister stepped up and did a great thing, making sure this little creature ended up in a good place.

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
shellysmom said:
Your sister stepped up and did a great thing, making sure this little creature ended up in a good place.

I don't get what goes through people's minds when they think they can just put animals into the wild like they never cared about them, I already invested a lot of time and money into my tort( well worth it times 100) and I would never be able to just toss her outside like she was nothing.

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
jpmcclure said:
When I read these, I wonder why can't I be so lucky?! :)

I know I told her we need to find out what type of turtle it is so we can give it the proper care, my friend found an eastern box turtle and they look exactly a like.

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
I was thinking the same thing. Looks very well cared for until it was released to die in the wild. I'm so happy he/she got lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.