What was your first firearm experience?(Content may not be suitable for everyone)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
This may be more of a UNITED STATES members thread.
It contains mention of firearms.
I've just unearthed these two photos of myself at about 6 years old learning how to shoot.
I'm sure that someone also told me not to hold the pistol that close to my face soon thereafter.
That desolate wasteland in the background is now the city of Plantation Florida.

Attachments

• IMG_0662.jpg
    IMG_0662.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0663.jpg
    IMG_0663.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
BB guns starting at 4 years old. Single shot .22 and .410 at 8 years old. It blossomed from there...
That area of south Florida was just wide open back then. And I soon moved to rural South Carolina. My entire childhood was spent shooting and fishing.
It was like a different world

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I never owned a gun. Shot my dads when I was a kid. Don't know what it was though.
Shot a police pistol in my early 20's don't know what that was either.
Then in my early 30's shot my nephews gun. Yep, don't know what that was either lol.
Not into guns, can ya tell lol.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I never owned a gun. Shot my dads when I was a kid. Don't know what it was though.
Shot a police pistol in my early 20's don't know what that was either.
Then in my early 30's shot my nephews gun. Yep, don't know what that was either lol.
Not into guns, can ya tell lol.
Yea I still don't own one either 😉58 years later. I just wanted to see if I could do it 🤣 I did.☺️

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Great thread Z

Ms Cathies story mirrors my own except I was a little younger. With Dad's oversight, my big sister held the barrel with a towel so I didn't fall on the ground. It was too much for a 8-9 year old. It was a double barreled 12ga made at the turn INto the last century!

and guys, don't say anything but we got to keep an eye on Tammy, she might need help..... both of them! LOL

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I remember my father suggesting I try to
Straight to a semi. Man, you were on the fast track!
I had a SQUIRES AND BINGHAM (never heard of that name again) semi automatic. 22 also. But you'd never know it because it jammed after just about every shot

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Great thread Z

Ms Cathies story mirrors my own except I was a little younger. With Dad's oversight, my big sister held the barrel with a towel so I didn't fall on the ground. It was too much for a 8-9 year old. It was a double barreled 12ga made at the turn INto the last century!

and guys, don't say anything but we got to keep an eye on Tammy, she might need help..... both of them! LOL
If you fired a double barreled 12 Guage aa a child... you might be afraid to ever touch another gun.
My first shotgun was a single shot. 410. I sawed off most of the barrel because I was a jerk. And after that, I couldn't hit a target just 10 feet ahead.