What was your first job and what age?

baldegale

helped family painting apartments at 8-10 now im almost 18 and trying to figure out what i want to do. i might look into the whole nursery thing cause id like to do that. once i turn 18 im gonna try to work at petco.. actually take good care of their reptiles.

Last edited:

baldegale

helped family painting apartments at 8-10 now im almost 18 and trying to figure out what i want to do. i might look into the whole nursery thing cause id like to do that. once i turn 18 im gonna try to work at petco.. actually take good care of their reptiles.

or id like to work for a breeder to help out, but i dont know any types of breeders near me

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I was 14. Got a job at the HOME SUPPLY COMPANY in "old" downtown Rock Hill South Carolina crawling underneath houses running wires for the then "high tech" motorized T.V. antenna boxes.
There's a lot of frightening crap underneath some of those old houses.
At 17 I landed the job that I'm now retiring from this August.
Lucky.

Destben

Kansas
I was 14. Got a job at the HOME SUPPLY COMPANY in "old" downtown Rock Hill South Carolina crawling underneath houses running wires for the then "high tech" motorized T.V. antenna boxes.
There's a lot of frightening crap underneath some of those old houses.
At 17 I landed the job that I'm now retiring from this August.
Lucky.

That’s dedication!

DE42

I worked in my Papaw's (grandfather) Apple orchard picking apples and bagging apples at somewhere around 8-9 by 11. I started weedeating and mowing for a little cash from my neighbors and at 16 or so I would sometimes go with dad and do a but of carpentry on the weekends. I was first employed at 18 where I worked at a factory making and repairing electric motors. Got laid off when the economy fell and bounced around doing this and that for 6 years maybe working a year at a time before I moved on. I worked in retail, fast food, grocery stores, a call center, became a CNA and did that, and landed my current job back in manufacturing almost 4 years ago. Now I'm finishing my degree in Aviation Maintenance Technology and hope to get a job either building or repairing planes.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
My first job was with my grandfather roofing at around 9/10 . I just cleaned up the yards picking up roofing that didn't make it into the dumpster. On weekends my brothers and I would cut grass until I turned 17 . My girlfriend now my wife had our first son . I got a job working at a shipping company . Stayed there till I was 19 . Worked for the railroad for a few years got laid off . Went back to school for electrical. Got a job as an electrician. Been doing that for a while . Now I'm back in school for business management until March . Hopefully by the end of the year I'll be self-employed . I am a industrial motor control electrician and a manager . Being in school at 40 years old is strange . But starting your own company isn't easy . I'd like to do it right the first time .lol

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Working for my Father in his printing plant at about 4 or 5? He made a special short table so I could collate colors. Then later for a my Grandfather as a go-for San Francisco County Fair 8/9/10. Cleaning services for Doctor and professional office building at 14/15. All the while from about 7 on until High school I collected aluminum cans for $$ too.