What was your first job and what age?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
The mushroom were in huge sheds, stacked in massive wooden pallets and you cut them with a mushroom knife, dusted them with the badger hair reverse of the knife and then boxed them. They were growing in cow pooh and the sheds were dark and hot.
I loved it.
How%2BTo%2BGrow%2BWhite%2BButton%2BMushrooms.jpg
92.jpg

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
The mushroom were in huge sheds, stacked in massive wooden pallets and you cut them with a mushroom knife, dusted them with the badger hair reverse of the knife and then boxed them. They were growing in cow pooh and the sheds were dark and hot.
I loved it.
How%2BTo%2BGrow%2BWhite%2BButton%2BMushrooms.jpg
92.jpg
Now that is an interesting job.

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Paris, Texas
Started mowing yards about 8, my dad would pick me up from school with the push mower and drop me off at my “clients” houses [emoji41] those yards paid for my 1992 Ford F-150, cherry red with a straight 6. Since then I’ve worked a variety of places, ranch hand, hospital, metal shops, I’ve spent the most of the last 10 years in ministry but now we’ve come back to Texas and joined the family business doing commercial painting and contracting. But taking care of my girls is my #1

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Working in my father's drugstore when I was 12 for $1 an hour. I waited on customers. When it wasn't busy, my father and I played gin rummy in the back.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Working in my father's drugstore when I was 12 for $1 an hour. I waited on customers. When it wasn't busy, my father and I played gin rummy in the back.
When I got to college, I had a few jobs. I worked in food service at UCLA and was given the position of hostess, serving the football and basketball teams, and eating with them. I remember John Wooden, UCLA's famous basketball coach, and Bill Walton. Once I was in the elevator with 6 or 7 basketball players, and I really felt short!

I also worked for a company that owned several radio stations, one of which was a Mexican station. One time, they had me answer the phones for the Mexican radio station while the receptionist was out to lunch, and it was a disaster! They were reading ad copy to me in Spanish and with my limited Spanish, I had a heck of time getting it!

Then I worked for a plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills. Movie stars would sneak in the back door after hours so there wouldn't be any witnesses.

Peliroja32

Biloxi, Mississippi
My fav job....not sure if its my fav....but probably yeah. An old panasonic factory when the flatscreen tvs came out, recycling all of the left over tube tvs....smashing glass all night heck yeah