wonderfulwildlife

Location (City and/or State)
Tampa, FL
I have a 29-gallon heavy duty plastic tub & for my hatchling I’ll need to raise the temperature 10-15 degrees above the temp in my house. The enclosure will be closed chamber or mostly closed chamber depending on how I set it up.

I was thinking of getting a 70 - 80 watt CHE & putting it on a thermostat (along with a strip UVB but obviously that won’t be on at night). Would that wattage CHE be able to keep the tank at 80-85F if my house is 70F?

Thank you!

jacksknight

5 Year Member
Florida
I have a 29-gallon heavy duty plastic tub & for my hatchling I’ll need to raise the temperature 10-15 degrees above the temp in my house. The enclosure will be closed chamber or mostly closed chamber depending on how I set it up.

I was thinking of getting a 70 - 80 watt CHE & putting it on a thermostat (along with a strip UVB but obviously that won’t be on at night). Would that wattage CHE be able to keep the tank at 80-85F if my house is 70F?

Thank you!

I would just go for the 100 wattt, since you are putting a thermostat on it. That way when you get a bigger enclosure you don't need a new fixture or CHE.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I agree, a 100 watt. Even though it's a small enclosure, you may even need two.