What's on Dexters plastron?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
That I know of, dexter is in perfect health. Its too bad that i noticed my first problem. I JUST noticed that Dexter has these three red marks on the plastron. I am guessing it may be shell damage. If so, this confuses me because there are nothing but small rocks in the outside area and zero rocks of any type in the terrarium. What might this be on the plastron?!

B8795D51-25D2-4341-8617-AAA1DADF2C5C-7453-000006860908C8FD_zps4fb1191f.jpg

Sulcata (Dexter)
Russian (Ezek)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I only see two. Looks like little abrasion injuries to me. Very unusual. I'd ask if you have a dog, but knowing you, I think that its very unlikely that your dog would have done it...

I'd put a little triple anti-biotic on that and keep an eye on it.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Tom said:
I only see two. Looks like little abrasion injuries to me. Very unusual. I'd ask if you have a dog, but knowing you, I think that its very unlikely that your dog would have done it...

I'd put a little triple anti-biotic on that and keep an eye on it.

The third, that you more than likely don't see, is to the left and is smaller than te others. There's no way my dogs (all three of them, the pit bull, wiener dog, and the Yorkie) have gotten to dexter, because they would have had to busted through French doors (which have had no harm), and my Russian as well as the sulcata would have been eaten for sure.
I will put the antibiotic on it right away. It looks fresh. Crazy that it could have happened!

Sulcata (Dexter)
Russian (Ezek)

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
I checked dexters house that's outside and I did not find any nails sticking out, if anyone brings that possibility up.

Sulcata (Dexter)
Russian (Ezek)

Status
Not open for further replies.